Name:
Location: Greenbelt, Maryland, United States

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Veg Puff.

Oye PPl,

I never really knew how much i missed the Vegetable Puff. Its been what about 18 months since i had it last. Anyway, day before yesterday i went to the campus bakery at ANU and they had something called Veg Curry Roll. It was 2$ and 70c . I tasted it and it was very much like the Veg Puff. In fact it was almost a renamed slightly differently shaped veg Puff. Not having had it for so long I ate like it was my last dinner. And i was so craving for more of it that i went back. But alas, they didnt have any more. So i spent an entire day waiting for it. Then yesterday at 4:15 in the evening i went back there for it. Nopes. They close at 4:00. Missed you baby. But i will get u tomorrow i said. Today, i left the lab at abt 3:30 and reached the bakery and ordered the Veg Puff and went for a walk with it. It was so delicious and brought back those pleasant memories of spending countless hours eating Puffs and Samosas while chit chatting away in TNagar. All those memories of my friends and times spent with them returned back to me in a flood. I got reminded of the slanted stance and continuous beard brushings of Sivaprahas. I got reminded of the startled statements and even more startled responses of Aditya. I got reminded of the cool nonchalant cunning wickedness of Viji, and the noisy banter of arun and the huge apetite and uncanny comments of Deepak and of course the highlight of every day life Arvind.....This and more returned to my mind in a flash.

It was priceless.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dey dog,

When did I ever manage to eat more than you and Arun. You really had me beat all the time.

Take care,

Deepak alias 'The Thin Guy'

6:24 AM  
Blogger Kavitha said...

You've reminded me about vegetable puffs now and made me crave some!! bah!!! :-( you better bring me some when u come back from australia.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

You left out Bajjis - simple, pure mulagai bajji and break bajjis. Let alone Australia, I dont get it even in Banglore....

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home