Name:
Location: Greenbelt, Maryland, United States

Friday, May 13, 2005

Australian National University, Canberra

My flight to Australia was exciting i must say. Cleared the security and other formalities at the crappy IAD airport in Washington and reached the gate much before boarding time. Spent some time looking around. Then bought myself a Italian Panini Sandwich for dinner. Boarding began at about 6:35. But we were all aboard the aircraft and waiting till about *20 or so for them to take care of some last minute technical snags and some other airport delays. Anyway, the hour and half delay meant that i would reach LA late for my connecting flight to Sydney. The flight reached LA at 10:42. My flight in LA was supposed to depart at 10:40. Luckily for me they hadnt yet departed and i could just manage to squeeze in. The flight departed with 5 minutes. Then after several journeys into the sleep wake eat cycle on this long 17 hr flight i finally reached Sydney Intl Airport at about 6AM on Friday. After completing all the customs and immigration formalities I Found a kiosk to go online and checked email et al. Then waited until 9:40 at the airport for my connecting flight. I arrived at Canberra at about 10:30 AM. Dr.Srini was already there to pick me up. He then drove me to Ursula hall (where i will be staying). I got freshened up in an hour and then he took me around the lab and introduced me to quite a few people including a Lot of Honeybees!!!. Then later in the evening i returned back to my room at about 6:00 PM. Was so exhausted and tired after the long flight journey that i slept without dinner. Woke up early today morning and am in the lab now to check email/news mail to junta etc.

As you have noticed i havent yet seen much around here. Not enough to comment upon atleast. Anyway, i am thinking about starting to put some photos also on this blog. BTW, i also bought a new Fuji Digital camera (E510) from Staples just before leaving the US.

1 Comments:

Blogger Baejaar said...

Atlast here is Ashok blogging live from Down under :-)

Fuji E-510 is a nice camera 5MP and 2inch LCD for 10k - great value for money.

We are waiting for your photo blogs, Ashok....

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home