Name:
Location: Greenbelt, Maryland, United States

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Are you Religious?

So heres the deal....

I happenstance fell upon this religion which is called Bokonism. I love it. To me this one sentence summarizes all I know about belief systems

"The foundation of Bokononism is that the religion, including its texts, is formed entirely of lies; however, if you believe and adhere to these lies, you will live a happy life."

Its really a cool concept and something I thought only I knew about until I stumbled upon this.
Apparently my idea was not mine...In fact somebody else even gave it a name!

4 Comments:

Blogger James said...

Great now you've just given me another book to put on my list of things to read. :P

3:18 PM  
Blogger Kavitha said...

Man...yet another reminder to myself about reading Kurt Vonnegut's works!

1:22 AM  
Blogger ankit said...

Haha. cool concept - one that I've thought about myself quite a bit. In fact, I find myself thinking along these lines everytime I go to a temple/church. It explains a lot of things better than most religions can, and I still havent heard a good argument against it!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Kavitha said...

So, what's it going to take to get you to write again? :-)

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home