Name:
Location: Greenbelt, Maryland, United States

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Openers Dilemma: A Prediction

I have had this bizarre feeling that the next test (with Sachins Return) is going to pose some very interesting choices and problems for Saurav Ganguly and the Indian think tank.
Kaif is a wonderful player with a good temperament. I think this Test will be a great opportunity to stake a claim for a test slot and I think he will definitely grab his chance with a good solid innings. Yuvi has had one failure in the first innings. I dont expect him to make too many in the second innings too. He will mostly have a mediocre score (maybe in the 20's or 30's) in the second innings.

With such being the case if Sachin returns for the third test, Ganguly and his think tank must decide who should pave the way for Sachin. I dont see any Dravid,Laxman,Ganguly or Sehwag being dropped. The choice is to either drop Kaif who has performed in the middle order or drop Yuvi who is considered an opener but has not delivered. And heres my prediction:

Yuveraj Dropped
Kaif retained in the middle order
Either Pathan or Patel open the innings with Sehwag and lets return to the era of makeshift openers.....

Whatever happens, I hope India win the series....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home