Name:
Location: Greenbelt, Maryland, United States

Friday, March 03, 2006

Environmentalism

I have always been ambivalent about environmentalism. It is one thing to respect nature and be responsible at a personal and social level.....and I completely encourage such environmental initiatives. But sometimes I think we do take being environmentalists a little too seriously. Whatever little I might or might not know about the inner workings and designs of nature, my short and enjoyable stint at Graduate school has taught me that it extremely difficult to predict the outcomes of actions while dealing with extremely complex systems and such actions often lead to counterintuitive outcomes.....Anyways without belaboring anymore I will let you read this wonderful little article

In thrall to the green god


Hope you enjoy it as much as I did....Do post your thoughts and comments both on the article and the issue because I still am ambivalent about these things :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Adarsh Sridhar said...

Ashok,
You might want to read the book "State of Fear" by Michael Crichton. I know it's fiction, and not particularly your kind, but I think you'll find it interesting.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home