Name:
Location: Greenbelt, Maryland, United States

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Last Weekend

Weekend after weekend of tiring strenuous and thoroughly enjoyable cricket welcomed me back into the United States. Except for the lone weekend I travelled to the Outer Banks in North Carolina (in the midst of some serious Gas prices..Thanks to Katrina) the rest of the weekends saw me clad in white pitting my wits and arms against other cricket teams from around this area. The fact that our team continued to register win after win kept us all focussed and motivated. But just as much as it was all these things it was also getting tiring. So I was really looking forward to last weekend when I had no match scheduled. So what did I end up doing when I have no cricket match to play that weekend.

Friday was spent playing some Squash. Saturday began with some light Tennis with Abi, Lavi and Shyam. Both Abi and Lavanya were quite good with the racket and their follies were quite different. While at times Abi refused to react fast enough and run towards the ball, Lavanya in all her enthusiasm to get to/at the ball just did not focus enough on looking at the ball. But all said and done, it was a nice couple of hours of Tennis. After Tennis and lunch it was time for some hard Volleyball. Volleyball is really a FUN game with all the jumping and the diving that it entails...(Seriously even when there are no Bikini clad women playing Volleyball with you its just as much fun:) )

Later that evening we visited Buvna and Prashanth at their new house and watched a thoroughly entertaining movie "Arindhum Ariyamalum". Any Tam's out there starved by the really low quality movies being churned out by the movie industry Do take some time out to watch this flick. It was the second good movie I have seen in a recent while...the other one being "Salaam Namaste".

Sunday saw me Gaurav Vijay and Jishnu play some serious hard Tennis (doubles) and it was as tiring as it was fun....Courtesy all this I woke so late on Monday that by the time I was awake it was already 11:00 AM Monday......What a way to start a refreshing week :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home