Name:
Location: Greenbelt, Maryland, United States

Friday, February 18, 2005

Mass Proffing

Mass mailing profs for positions as Research Assistants and for Internships is I guess common. But theres a limit to such mass mails. When I receive a mail asking for an internship....Well that is funny. This is an email i received today. Read and enjoy. I have removed any reference to the name of the sender for anonymity.


Dear Prof Dr.V.Ashok Narayanan,
I am a 3rd year undergraduate student of **** Engineering at **********.I am impressed by your research work in the field of signal processing.I particularily went through your publications on The fractional Fourier transform: theory, implementation and error analysis and i was really impressed by your research work. As a part of the curriculum the students are required to undergo a summertraineeship at the end of the 3rd year. I am highly interested in doing a summer training in your research group and would be highly obliged if you gave me an opportunity for internship during (May-July) in 2005. My academic interests are in signal processing. I believe that doing a project under you would fulfill my interests and expose me to the current trends in these fields of research. I am attaching my resume and hope for a favorable response.I would also like to request you that if you are not the intended person, please forward this to the authorized person. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
****** ******

5 Comments:

Blogger me said...

Prof. Dr. V. Ashok Narayanan!

Sounds so impressive man...for us friends who know you and treat you as just ashok, one of us :-)

i wonder why you think it is funny for someone to send you an email asking for internship...do eloborate for ppl like me!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Baejaar said...

Respected Sir

Waiting for this week's update on skiing experience.........

Never knew that you had bcom a doctor. I guess you are the first one from our section to do so. Congratulations Proffessor Dr. Ashok. Waiting for the treat!!!!

- Dheepak

12:01 AM  
Blogger Kavitha said...

Ashoka.. at the rate "cute cuddly baby" is doing research, for all you know, he might really send you out such an email someday :) Watch out man! You don't want to be his advisor, do you???

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its cool seeing you as Prof Dr.Ashok. Keep it up boss. this sure calls for a treat !!

rathi

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home